Would you like to be part of a special group that translates God's love into tangible human services for the homeless? St. Jude parishioners have been cooking and serving meals at Daybreak Shelter (operated by Catholic Charities) in Joliet for many years.
We need volunteers from on the second Friday of the month from September through May for:
- Cooks -- food is provided by Caritas. We ask that you pick it up, cook it and bring it back to the kitchenette in the Narthex by 5pm.
- Bakers -- we request that you bake cookies, muffins or brownies and bring to the kitchenette in the Narthex by 5 pm.
- At Daybreak Shelter for one of two shifts:
- 5:30-8 pm, the dinner shift
- 5-7:30 am, the breakfast shift on the second Saturday morning of each month.
Please contact Patty at 815-485-8049 to volunteer.
For more information about the Catholic Charities Daybreak Shelter click on the link below.