Friday, February 22, 2019, 4:00 PM - Sunday, February 24, 2019, 3:30 PM
A home study faith formation program in which families receive curriculum support through our publisher, including children’s workbooks, and online support for parents and youth.
- Parent support/ formation is given at each of the 7 parent learning sessions. Choose one per month.
- We encourage families to connect faith formation to liturgy by providing “Magnifikid” magazines 32 weeks of the year.
- Families will participate in family sacramental preparation and/or “Explore Four” events, and turn in completed reflection forms.
- Families also complete and turn in monthly Mass reflections and are encouraged to participate in Families Living the Gospel Challenge.
Children (1st-3rd grade) are invited to participate in Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) when scheduled. Parents of children in 1st-3rd grade are asked to assist at CLOW periodically throughout the year. CLOW is scheduled at 9am and 11am Masses most weeks September through May, except Christmas, New Year’s and Easter breaks, and Catholic Schools Week. Please refer to the parish calendar at www.stjudes.org for details.
The expectations are:
- Weekly Mass
- 7 Parent Gatherings Monthly
- Mass Reflections
- 4 Life of the Parish Events “Explore 4”
- “Families Living the Gospel” Challenges
- Unit Reviews will be collected at each session beginning in October for the previous month
Parents in the FCT program attend one parent session each month, beginning in September and ending in April with the exception of December.