Explore 4 Reflection
(Grades 1-8, 4 forms expected)
Why Explore 4? What does it mean?
Click here for more information.
To see if the event you are submitting meets the expectations of Explore 4, see the instructions below.
.When you have verified below that the event meets the criteria for Explore 4,
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT YOUR FAMILY EXPLORE 4 REFLECTION ONLINE
- If you have children in both Families Living Faith (1-6) and Junior High Youth Ministry (7-8) your family is only expected to complete four Explore 4 Reflections per year, per family. Please include all the children’s names on the Explore 4 Reflection.
- Explore Four events focus on PARISH opportunities for being formed in the faith. If the event happens at St. Jude or is sponsored by St. Jude, it counts as an Explore 4 opportunity.
- Due to current pandemic protocols some in-person parish events may not take place this year. Modified versions of these events and new events will hopefully be added throughout the year as the Faith Formation Team assesses options and possibilities for safe in-person Explore 4 events. For information about Explore 4 At Home, where families have the opportunity to choose and complete their own faith based activities completely at home, click Here. (http://stjudes.org/explore-4-at-home-grades-1-8/)
- We are able to host virtual events. Participation in a St. Jude or Diocese of Joliet sponsored virtual event can count toward your Explore 4 expectation.
- If any one member of your family attends an event, it can count as an Explore 4 for your entire family.
- Up to two Families Living the Gospel reflection forms can be counted towards the Explore 4 expectation.
- If an event is not a St. Jude parish or Joliet Diocese sponsored event, please do not list it as an Explore 4 event. Most local community events, though positive in nature and intent, do not count as Explore Four events. If you have questions about whether an event can be included or not, please call our office at 815-463-4260/463-4262.
With“Explore Four”, we ask families to attend at least 4 St. Jude sponsored events during the course of a year. These events are opportunities intended to help us explore and grow in our faith and community life. We (and the parish-at-large) provide these opportunities very intentionally to meet people where they are, focused on everyday living of the faith, and learning the traditions of our faith. Each family is expected to participate in a minimum of four different events and complete an Explore Four Reflection form for each event.